Friday, April 27, 2012

Never put rocks in the microwave.

Things that have been said or done around my house recently-

Me:Why did you take the safety pin out?
N: Because if I leave it in the laundry the washing machine and dryer will blow up.
Me: It's the microwave that will blow up. If washing machines blew up over metal it couldn't handle zippers or snaps.
N: Oh, but never put a rock in the microwave. It will turn into lava.


Naomi: Phebe what is my name?
P: Book of Mormon stories.

During nap time Naomi made many snow flakes, found some unused fishing line and hung them all from the ceiling. I was quite impressed.

While I make brownies-
P: I want to eat some.... here... in my mouth. 

During scripture study-
C: How does an elephant die?
Ethan and I: Well, when it's body stops working, or it falls off a cliff, when a lion attacks it or a hunter shoots it. Pretty much whenever God decides it is done here. 
C: or if we hit it with an ax.
Obviously. 

We also had a huge portion of dinner that went like this-
V: Did you know.... (followed by a random fact about volcanoes.)
Then his awe struck brother and sisters would be amazed.Then he moved onto repeating more "Did you know" volcano facts. He then informed us he had been reading a Magic School Bus book about them. The best part came when Caleb put in this addition.
C: Yea, I read a book about volcanoes too. 
Um.. Caleb you are 4, and the only thing you can "read" is the Skate Castle sign down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment