Friday, November 18, 2011

An articulate 3 year old

I happen to be blessed with a 3 year old. A 3 year old who can speak well beyond the average skill of 3 year olds. Though he speaks well, he still THINKS like a 3 year old. I think is a wonderful blessing, at least it is entertaining.

This particular child also hates wearing socks or underwear. I am pretty sure he would just be naked if I didn't notice. He has caught on that fewer people notice when you are a sockless commando.  Due to his ability to communicate so effectively I have been able to understand why he lives in this sockless/underwearless state whenever possible.

Me: Caleb, Why won't you wear socks?
C: Mom, I can't wear socks. It makes my heart hurt.
Me: Really, where is your heart exactly?
C: (pointing to his sternum) here. It makes me make bad choices.
Me: ... Wearing socks means you make bad choices?
C: Yes. I can't wear socks because it makes my heart hurt and then I make bad choices.

I didn't have much to say after that.

Another day I addressed the issue of underwear.

Me: Caleb why won't you wear your underwear?
C: It gives me hiccups.

Oh. How do you argue with such logic? I am so glad he is my kid and I get to be with him everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment