Saturday, October 3, 2009

On the way to the library,

Story hour has started up again for my little girl. She will turn 4 shortly before Thanksgiving (right when the new baby is due). I really don't think that I sit down and talk to her often enough. Every time I do I feel so enlightened about some of the mysteries of the world. Here are a few of the highlights from our walks to and from the library.

N:"Look mom! I can run really fast because I have super sonic speed!"

N: "There are a lot of rules. They come from the sky."
Me, quite puzzled and thinking she is just talking like a little kid: "Oh? What makes you think they come from the sky?"
N: "That is where Heavenly Father and Jesus live, and they make the rules."
I found this thought to be surprisingly profound.

N:" Did you see this crack in the wall?"
Me:" Yes, I did."
N: " A shark did that."
Me: " I had no idea."
N: " See those cracks in the road?"
Me: " Yes."
N: " A shark did that too."
Me: " How exactly did a shark get there to put cracks in the road?"
N:" I don't know." (Staring at me as if that was the dumbest question anyone had ever asked her.)


She also tried 4 different times to stuff rocks and/ or berries in her pockets.

While at the library she made a new friend. When I happened to walk by she yelled, " Mom! Meet my new friend! Her name is 'My friend'!" I guess she wasn't paying much attention during the introduction portion of the conversation.

She also called the new librarian whose name is Mr. Peter, Mr Peach. Luckily he seems to actually want to deal with children so it wasn't a big deal.

I am so glad I have her. She is so fun and makes me think in different ways. I honestly feel sorry for people who live in stable and loving relationships who simply don't want to have kids. Yup they are work and they are frustrating, but how often does your job really make you laugh? I think you are only missing when you think you are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment