Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just to reinforce my previous stance,

Watching another friends kid today. Yup. I still don't really like other kids. So sad, so few kids measure up to how awesome my kids are. Especially since I really detest Thomas the Train and some kids can't seem to move past him. Beh.

I am also witnessing just how impressively competent my children really are. Child turns 4 this month, tells me he can't put on his own coat, can't put on his own velcro shoe, can't get his coat off. I am such a meanie. I look at him and say " You're almost 4 years old- you can put your own shoe on. " Amazingly enough, when told to do it himself- He can! Oh wait that is because just about any 4 year old can his foot inside a shoe two sizes too big.

He is a very kind sweet kid though, who loves to tell you about everything and listens very well when I tell him something. He is very obedient. He just requires more attention than I am used to giving. It is really good to see my daughter interact with someone near her age. She seems to generally avoid other children that are not her own siblings, and sometimes even them. I am not really concerned about it, just mentioning.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wonder if I am just biased when I think my kids are so much better--but then I spend time with other people's children, and NOPE, mine really ARE superior. Must be genetics.

    ReplyDelete