Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Passions

Right now if Ethan died I could probably get a job at um... a gas station... maybe even McDonalds. I don't have a degree in anything, nor do I really have much job history experience. I have decided that I want to go back to school, problem being.... for what? I have very seriously considered becoming an ultra sound tech, though I am not 100% sold that it is something that I would really love. Luckily this plan is actually just me wanting to have a back up plan, not actually going out and finding a job. So today I sat down and wrote out a list of things that I am passionate about or at least enjoy a lot.

My husband
Raising my children
My religion
Gardening
Identifying plants
Canning/ food storage
Emergency preparedness
Doing Service- I really honestly do LOVE this, though I have no idea how to make a living from it.
Surprising people
Quilting
Cooking
Traveling
Camping
Making collages
Stage productions
Politics
Home improvement projects

I don't have any idea how to make a living at any of those. Surely there is some degree out there that I can pursue and really enjoy studying. I am in all seriousness asking for suggestions for things that you think that I have strengths in and would succeed at.

2 comments:

  1. Day Care. Get licensed, You would, by far, provide the most enriching environment for others' children, you'd probably teach them more, provide better, and more fulfilling activities than vmost parents, and quite frankly, most schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could teach other people how to do the stuff that you love. i got paid to teach cartooning to kids at bccc for a whole summer. it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete