Friday, July 4, 2014

Things that make my heart happy

Yesterday Caleb and Phebe worked really hard as a team. They dug rocks out of the drive way. Then they presented them to me informing me that these were going to be the Christmas presents for myself and their dad. Oh,  I am sure he will be thrilled, I thought.

So all on their own they dug out wrapping paper and wrapped up strawberry containers full of driveway stones and presented them to us. Christmas was much too far away. I am now the proud owner of a carton of rocks.

Along those same lines-
( I can't get enough of Caleb and Phebe actively playing together.)

This morning Phebe wondered into the house through the front door, " because Caleb wouldn't let me in the back door". She just made me smile.

She had allowed me to elaborately braid her hair. So of course that was staring to fall out. She had a striped shirt on inside out. She was wearing her sister's much too large pajama pants. She and Caleb had drawn all overs pool noodles and then covered them with stickers. (Those are very important weapons when fighting the demon lords in the backyard. ) She had her pool noodle of destruction stuffed down the back of her shirt.

My heart is happy on these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment