Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The deepest fear.

Last night we were having a discussion based on the principle " if ye prepare ye shall not fear". So we started by asking if the kids had ever felt fear, have you ever been afraid.
Of course they have all been afraid at some point and could relate to the feeling. The older three discussed specific situations with Ethan. Phebe was sitting on my lap and turned to tell me about her fear.

Phebe: know what I'm afraid of Mom?
Me: no Phebe, what are you afraid of?
Phebe: porcupines.
Me: oh, I didn't know that.
Phebe : are you afraid of porcupines?
Me: I can't say I am afraid of them, no.
Phebe : Well, I am. I am afraid of porcupines.



And no, I have no explanation as to why she has singled out porcupines to be scary.

1 comment:

  1. It's every bit as logical as Emma's fear of peacocks! Or, for that matter--my fear of crickets. Hmmm. Much more logical than that, since porcupines can in fact, inflict injury, which crickets can't really. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete