Sunday, June 23, 2013

The chain of logic

This morning Phebe "woke" me up at 6:30 to tell me she had a tick in her hair. Being the good mom that I am I touched her head in a vain effort to find it and informed her I would get to it later when I was actually conscious.

Ethan got up a bit later and I found them in the kitchen wrapping a wood tick up in tape that had indeed come off of her head. I gave her a high five for telling us she had a tick. Then she gave us this monologue.

"Yea, we have to get the tick out of my head or all my hair would fall out. And then I would turn into a boy.                  And then I would have to wear boy clothes."

I guess the threat of wearing boy clothes was a pretty serious issue weighing on her mind. She seemed genuinely concerned about the prospect. Luckily the crisis was averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment