Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cats

I feel as though I should dedicate this post to you, my dear cousin Dedra.

One week ago, I went to a friend's house with Naomi and Caleb. I went inside and my children were in heaven running around the farm chasing cats. Extremely tolerant cats. I checked outside often to find them in various places, sitting on a log petting a cat, carrying one down the driveway, making it dance on the porch....

At one point I went to check and found Caleb trailing behind Naomi who was dragging a soaked cat up to the house.  We then had the following conversation-

Me: Naomi, how did that cat get so wet?
Naomi : ( just looking at me)
Me: Naomi, did you throw that cat in the pond?
N: Well, yea mom. We did.
Me: Wait, who threw the cat in the pond?
N and C: We took turns.

No, that isn't Caleb, but I thought it captured the moment well.


Fast forward a week, my husband and I went to the temple for the week end thus my kids went to grandma's house. My mom has a cat named Annie that I can not say I have a strong attachment to. She has mellowed but certainly would not be classified as friendly.

We were later informed that Alan ( by brother who lives with my mom still) was found searching the laundry room. When questioned about what he was looking for, he said "Caleb threw Annie down the laundry chute."

I think Caleb is not fond of cats.






2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. I laughed right outloud when they said they took turns. I do want to clarify that although I do think cats are a waste of skin and space, I would never hurt one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think someone is wearing their liar pants today. And it's not Vanessa. :)

    ReplyDelete