Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today

Today:
  • I ready my scriptures and wrote in my journal
  • Helped my kids read scriptures personally
  • We practiced the Articles of Faith
  • We practiced writing and identifying letters
  • Practiced addition
  • Tried to keep the house clean
  • Did laundry
  • Had a very unsuccessful nap
  • Made salt map clay
  • Bathed my filthy children
  • Did some more cleaning up
  • Made dinner

For all these efforts we ended with:

  • Playing in the ash in the fireplace while mom cooked dinner
  • A filthy house even after all the cleaning we had done
  • Filthy children who were put to bed with one slice of bread for dinner
  • A lot of crying

Some days I am a very in attentive mother. I admit it. I should play with them more, I should read to them more, I should worry about the house less than I do. Today I put forth great effort to have fun with them, to teach them, to enjoy them. I don't see how this is a very fair trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment