Thursday, March 25, 2010

Serves me right.

I was on the phone the other day for a long time.
My middle two children who generally spend the day harassing each other played nicely while I was busy.
I wrote in my journal that day that I was grateful for the lack of battles.
I wrote in my journal before I took a nap.


When I awoke from my nap I heard Victor passively saying "no, don't do that. Stop."

I then came downstairs. Caleb had escaped from his room and had slipped past me unnoticed. He and Naomi worked really hard together..... dumping pitcher after pitcher of water on my living room carpet. The room is approx 12 ft by 12 ft. They soaked nearly every inch that was not already covered by furniture. I was really mad.

Then I realised they had added dish soap.

I handed them towels. I don't know if I have ever witnessed a bigger exercise in futility in my life.

When we took the towels to the laundry I noticed there was water on the floor in the basement. It had not rained recently. That seems odd. Oh... That is because it is coming from the living room. Dripping through the floor. Filling up the empty sand box. Landing on cans of beans and boxes of spaghetti.

I sent her to bed. I sent the boys outside. I called my husband to bring home the carpet shampooer from work. Then I turned on the fan.

It sucked up a balloon.

While trying to remove the string I heard ear splitting screaming from the backyard. My younger son hit his older brother with a stick and now there is blood involved. We got out the band aids and then went to sit on the front stairs until my mom came to save me from my children and my house.

It was really amusing to read my journal the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment