Thursday, October 2, 2014

In his absence

Sometimes you have to have someone leave for a little while to really appreciate what they do for you.

 My eldest son is away on a 3 day environmental science field trip. I knew that he is my most responsible, reliable child. I figured getting things done would be a bit harder without him here.

I was not prepared to find  my children up a tree instead of getting ready for school since their older brother wasn't there to help keep them on task. Hmmm... they really do follow his example.

***

The neighbor gave us two giant sunflower heads. Yesterday I finally boiled the seeds in salt water then baked them. They were pretty good, I baked them slightly too long, but everyone seemed very happy snacking on them. As I worked on paying bills this morning Phebe excitedly came to me," Look it is cereal mom!" She had put some whole seeds in a bowl and poured water all over them. Thanks Phebe, thanks, hope you enjoy eating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment