Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's election time!

In case you are unaware we are coming up on an election! That means that every 3 commercials will tell us all about what is wrong with our country and then tell us who is going to fix those problems. Just like they did 2 years ago, and the 2 years before that. I guess they forget what they are fixing once elected.... Anyway, today I wanted to discuss some of these commercials.

Here is my generic rendition:
"If he is elected this (insert random item or service) is going to cost more than ever! He is going to do this when we can least afford it!"( Then they say vote for this other person, or call him to tell him to vote against it.)

As you can see I have left a lot of other things they do out of my commercial. My focal point here is the "When we can least afford it" portion that is in nearly every ad I hear.

Let me see how clearly I can put this:
I am against the government raising, or changing things that are going to increase cost at ANY time. Whether I can afford it or not is irrelevant. I also don't care if someone else can afford it or not. Tax cuts and the likes are not some kind of favor or charity they give us.

I can accept there are things that they need to fund. Our national security being one. Much beyond that however is none of their business.

That is money not theirs to spend.

I find it infuriating how they use it to set us against each other. So whether I have just gotten a 20$ raise and can now afford things much more easily, it is still not a time for them to interfere and raise costs, or taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment